The organization will conducting a search for the best and brightest students in Coweta County to promote service and community where it all begins. CCF partners with public, private and home school high school programs that serve Coweta County residents to attract talented and diverse freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors who are service minded and willing to give back.
CCF will offer mentorship and scholarship opportunities to the individuals selected to serve on the High School Community Service Team. We recognize that great, innovative ideas will result from this partnership, and we can all benefit from that. We hope these same members will become Coweta’s future board members, committee chairs, and nonprofit leaders.
Meetings will be held at the Newnan-Coweta Chamber of Commerce. The class will have an end of year celebration and award a scholarship to an outstanding member and a grant to a local nonprofit in March.
Calendar of Events:
– August 31 – Deadline to apply
– September 6 – Email notifications sent to applicants and parents
– September 19 – Parent and team member welcome meeting on zoom
– September 25 – Service Project – CCF 25th Birthday Bash at Newnan Utilities Carl Miller Park
– October 20 –First meeting with 3 nonprofit organizations.
– November 28 – 7:00 PM Second meeting with 3 nonprofit organizations
– December 12 – Third meeting with 3 nonprofit organizations
-January 23 – Meeting & Assignment of teams and nonprofit agencies for site visits.
– February 2 – Service Project – Nonprofit Summit
– March 20 – Final reports on nonprofit agency site visits and decide on nonprofit grant award and team member scholarship award.
– April 17- End of year celebration.